Four, three-hour sessions are offered within a two to four-week period. The review includes test-taking strategies and techniques plus a review of English, Mathematics, Science and Reading materials similar to those covered by the ACT exam. Participants will also take short practice tests in all areas.
Cost of the ACT Review Course is $85 and includes a textbook and all classroom materials. Payment is required upon registration.
- High school junior and senior students taking the ACT exam for the first time
- High school junior and senior students taking the ACT exam a second time to improve their scores
- Adults who have never taken the ACT exam
- Adults wanting to improve an ACT exam from some years ago to gain entrance to a two or four-year college or university
- People interested in improving test-taking strategies
ICC also offers an optional two-hour ACT Writing Review class. This review covers basic writing skills emphasized at the high school level and in entry level college composition courses, plus techniques for responding to the writing prompt on the test. The cost for the writing review is $27. Payment is required upon registration.
You must register for the ACT Test at least one month prior to the test date. Obtain registration materials from your high school guidance counselor or the ICC East Peoria Campus Testing Center at (309) 694-5234 or www.act.org.
ACT Review sessions are held from 6:00 - 9:00 pm at the Illinois Central College North Campus, Hickory Hall, 5407 N. University Street, Peoria.
You may cancel your registration for the ACT Review and/or the Writing Review up to five (5) working days prior to the beginning of classes to receive a full refund. Classes must be cancelled by phone at (309) 690-6900.